Customers Not Receiving Order Receipts/Shipping Confirmation

Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31

Hi @SheroBeauty

I think I was looking at the wrong domain before. I've done another check of shero.co and it looks like you have MX records pointing to Google Apps/G Suite/Google Workspace. Do you definitely not use this for email?

If you are using a Gmail address, there is nothing you can really do. Because the domain gmail.com is DMARC protected, Shopify cannot send email from an @gmail.com address without it being quarantined due to Gmail's DMARC policy. Therefore, it gets around this by using a different return-path (mailer.shopifyemail.com), so you'll tend to see the from address as someone@gmail.com via shopifyemail.com. But there is still a good chance that it will be treated as spam. More information here:

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/create-marketing/shopify-email/setup#change-y...

The best solution would be to work towards setting up a custom address using your domain name.

0 Likes
SheroBeauty
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Sebastian,

I truly apologize for the mistake. I just learned from my colleague that she had change us over to Gsuite, due to the email issue. We are seeing if this would solve the issue. So far the test email works, we will see if any customers continue to report on missing confirmation emails. 

apologies once more and thank you! 

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
74 1 31
Hi @SheroBeauty, that's good news. You can further improve the setup by
adding this SPF record:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:shops.shopify.com ~all
0 Likes