Customizing Product Page

Highlighted
2 0 1

I launched a store called Be the Media Apparel which is the merchandise line of a news site I run called Photography is Not a Crime. 

Besides t-shirts and caps, I plan to also sell personalized press passes because many of our readers are citizen journalists in their community.

I am drop shipping through Printify for all merchandise except the press passes which will be made by a company in Miami. 

The idea was that the the customers would buy the press passes from me and I will send the information to the company which will then make the press pass and send it to the customer.

To buy the press pass, the customer would also need to send us a high-resolution photo in addition to spelling out exactly how he or she wants their name to appear on the press pass which may be different than the name on their credit card.

So I was wondering if there is a way to customize the product page on the Shopify site where customers will be able to upload a high resolution photo as well as type in how they want their name to be appear on the press pass.

Also, would there be a way to then send the order to the company as well as to me which would allow them to start working on the press pass without me having to forward them the information?

I am using the Minimal theme. Here is a link to the page I would like to customize.

https://bethemedia.shop/products/pinac-press-pass-pinac-merchandise?_pos=1&_sid=fd5380d7c&_ss=r

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
124 10 14

@Carlos_Miller 

Yes, it is possible with javascript or app you will get a customer uploaded image with their order details in order admin.

Thanks & Regards
Akshay Vaghasiya

Shopify Partner | Shopify Experts
Email: akshayvaghasiya84@gmail.com
 - Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me .
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
0 Likes

hello, @@

use this app 

https://apps.shopify.com/product-personalizer

solve a problem

Thanks & Regards
Perennial Solution

Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: infoperennialsolution@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 8 27

Hey, there.

Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help you out.

You can definitely create an option for customers to submit picture files and add their text/name to a custom field. This information will be accessible in your admin orders. This can be done through the use of product option apps where the custom fields would be added into the product page.

We have many to select from on the app store but for ease of use and range of functionality I am going to recommend looking into Bold Product Options. The set up is easy and you are well supported through the process with tutorials as well as customer support from the developer.

I suggest adding a "file upload" field followed by a "text" field to allow your customers to add their name spelling. You can even add multiple file upload fields if you'd like to give your customers to upload more than 1 file.

As for sending the order to the company, you should be able to accomplish this by setting up a third-party fulfillment service and designating your press pass. This sends an email to your company in Miami with the same order information that you have in your admin.

These steps are going to get you going in the right direction! Let me know if you have any troubles implementing the above.

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes