Customizing order confirmation process

Solved
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi Support,

We are trying to use shopify to sell an online course. For this, we have to create an lms account using lms API on order payment. Is it possible to customize the shopify payment process to meet following requirements? Please let us know your thoughts.

- On successful payment, the shopify payment process should call lms API to create user account and enroll user into course. For this the email should be used as username and 8 letter secure random generated string should be used as password.

- Also the username and password should be mailed to user by using shopify order confirmation notification.

Note: We dont want to use webhook to avoid another server and its maintenance.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
852 86 130

You cannot do that using Shopify out of the box functionality.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. What are the available options to implement above requirements?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
852 86 130

No worries at all! As to the implementation suggestion, you said it all :) You need to setup a listener for the webhooks on orders/paid and do the rest, either custom implementation or integrate with 3rd parties that could automatically send an email to your customers on your behalf.

- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi, 

Thank you for confirming the webhook approach. To make it happen completely on shopify side without webhooks, do we need to go for shopify plus OR any third party shopify plugins? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
852 86 130

Yes, you have to go for some third party plugins from Shopify App Store, but technically, you cannot call it "shopify side" :) as it is a "third party" side.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi,

Thank you. Are there any known apps/plugins which meets above requirements?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
852 86 130

Haven't used it myself, but heard good things about - https://apps.shopify.com/mr-arigato-task-automator, you may want to give it a try. I suggest you reach out to their team outlining your scenario and get a confirmation whether they can cover for it.

1 Like