DEBUT theme and TMS translation "DEFAULT TITLE" problem

kub
Explorer
77 2 24

Hallo. 

i try to be short. Site theme is Debut and translation app is TMS by HEXTOM. Site product about 3000. 3 languages (ita, en, de)

Some weeks ago i noticed problems with translations (they where mixed up in some way) after installing and uninstalling other translation apps for trying them. I contacted Hextom support and they where very kind and quick in replying and solving the problem (unfortunately they had to cancel a lot of translations).

No i have a new problem regarding translations where they tell me that it is a problem of DEBUT theme. As Debut theme is one of the most used default themes it sound strange to me.

So whats the problem?

I have a product with no options and variants. On original language it shows without and on english translation it shows with "DEFAULT TITLE " here some examples:

https://www.ilmondodiwit.com/en/products/ciondolo-in-argento-925-ciondolo-artigianale-albero-della-v...

https://www.ilmondodiwit.com/en/products/ciondolo-in-argento-925-ciondolo-artigianale-albero-della-v...

All these products where duplicated from others.

So where is the problem? The problem is that DEBUT theme shouldn't show this and they want to solve the problem cancelling translations. Also they told me that it is the problem of debut theme.This doesn't solve the issue of duplicating translations and doesn't prevent from new errors of this kind.

Why do i write here? 

I think something got broken in the backend and they cannot figure it out and continue to try to cancel my broken translations without solving the origin.

What do i ask for?

I ask for shopify support to go in deep (as debut is a shopify theme and TMS from hextom is recommended by shopify for translation) and check what is broken that there are translations duplicted on product duplicate and that there are default options shown.

Why there has to be something not working in the back?

1. Translations are not meant to be copied on "duplicate product" procedure
  2. If Debut theme is not working well (as hextom says) the "default Title" string (supposed to be hidden by the theme) should be shown also in german translation and not only in english
  3. i checked all my variant and option strings (by exporting them with app export option) and they are not present

i attach screenshots for better understanding.

Duplicated product with modified text and no variantDuplicated product with modified text and no variantEnglish translation where the "Default Title" is shown (product has not variant/option) Translation is duplicated from original productEnglish translation where the "Default Title" is shown (product has not variant/option) Translation is duplicated from original product German translation where "default Title " is not shown (as it should be) but translation text was duplicated from original productGerman translation where "default Title " is not shown (as it should be) but translation text was duplicated from original product 

Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your kind attention.

I would really appreciate if Shopify support could solve this maybe in collaboration with hextom becaus cancelling continiously my translations cannot be an solution, also there is no time to write hours of comunication with support theme .

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
kub
Explorer
77 2 24

No shopify DEV knows how translations are stored or handled and what happens when i duplicate product?

0 Likes