DNS (Cname/Arecord) set up

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

It started out simple but man what am I dong wrong?

Initially the domains name servers were pointed to a landing page.
I see the instructions for directing the URL of 3rd party domains via (cname/aname) change

1) do I need to change nameservers?

any help or insight greatly appreciated....

verify.PNG

aname.PNGcname.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
167 36 39

Hi @cjbjr,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out today!

Who is your domain currently registered with? From the looks of the screenshots you've shared, you've added the correct DNS records. However, when I search your store the Terminal app, I'm still seeing your A Record point to 50.115.112.245 and no record of a CNAME.

Is it possible for you to send a screenshot showing all the records associated with your domain? This may help us find where the error is located.

Another thing I noticed when looking into this for you is that your WHOIS information is not set to private. I'd suggest changing this to ensure that someone cannot easily find your personal information. Your domain provider should be able to find this information for you, or I can help you find a resource online once I know who your provider is.

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I have moved the domain to another registrar to many problems. I'll refer back this when it updates.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
167 36 39

Sounds great @cjbjr. Reach back out to us if you have any further questions with your new provider!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes