Solved

Where can I find DNS records in Shopify?

Rasty
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hi,

the company where I registered my domain asked me to get DNS records from Shopify and they will set up the domain for me. Does anybody know where to get it? Thank you

Accepted Solution (1)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Rasty,

Hyde here from Shopify.

When it comes to pointing a third-party domain to your Shopify store you will need to ensure that you point your root domain's A record to the Shopify IP address: 23.227.38.65 and point your subdomain's www CNAME record to the Shopify-hosted domain: shops.myshopify.com. There's more on that here.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Rasty,

Hyde here from Shopify.

When it comes to pointing a third-party domain to your Shopify store you will need to ensure that you point your root domain's A record to the Shopify IP address: 23.227.38.65 and point your subdomain's www CNAME record to the Shopify-hosted domain: shops.myshopify.com. There's more on that here.

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Sakuura6
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Andrew

Hope you can also help me. In my case I cannot modify the A, and CNAME Fields, unless I pay another service to do so.  Akky, my domain suplier, gives me the option to specify a DNS1, to DNS5 I suppose it´s sth such as "ns1.shops.myshopify.com" where my particular shop can be identified. Any idea where I can find this information?  thanks in advance