Debut - Search icon doesn’t work in mobile view

Solved
melon12345
Excursionist
14 0 7

Hi,

I am using debut theme and the search icon functionality doesn’t seem to be working in mobile view. It is however, working in desktop mode. 

Please could someone advise?

Many thanks

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1025 79 271

Hi, @melon12345

My name is Rae, and I work for Shopify. I appreciate you reaching out about the search icon on your Debut theme

To clarify, on mobile view, are you able to click on the search button correctly? If so, can you enter in any search terms? Once I have more details on which specific part of the search function isn't working, I'll be happy to help look into this situation further.

In the meantime though, I recommend trying out some of these troubleshooting steps to test out the search function, and hopefully resolve the troubles you're having: 

• Using a different mobile device, like a tablet. 
  • Clearing the browsing history on your device. If you're using an iOS device, just follow these steps to do this. If you're using an Android though, you can follow these steps instead. 
  • Ensuring you're using a supported browser on your device. 
  • Trying out a different internet connection, or using mobile data. 

If you're still running into the same problem after trying those steps, please reply back to me here with more details on which part of the search function isn't working, as well as a screenshot, or a screen recording, that shows the issue you're experiencing. That way, I can help look into this in more detail. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with an update on this! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
melon12345
Excursionist
14 0 7

Hi, its still not working. I believe its to do with the code

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1025 79 271

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @melon12345

Thanks for following up to let me know. 

Without any further information, like a screenshot or a screen recording, it's quite difficult to pinpoint where this issue may be coming from.

However, since you're still experiencing troubles with this, and since you're using a Shopify-developed theme, I recommend reaching out to our Support team about this. They'll be able to properly verify your account, and access your theme directly to take a closer look. To get started with this, please visit our Help Center, log in to your account, and submit a support request to speak with our team further via live chat, email, or through a callback. 

Since this is the best way to solve the problem you're facing, I've marked my reply here as the solution to your thread. This should help other users who may be having the same issue with the search function on their Debut theme, too. 

We look forward to hearing from you via our Help Center soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes