Debut Theme - Changing Number of Recommended Products

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi all, 

Hope someone can help me with a fairly easy fix - looked all around and nothing that is useful for the Debut theme (a lot of old content online). 

Essentially, the current Debut theme defaults to 4 product suggestions, no more. There doesn't appear to be anywhere in the product-recommendations-liquid section where I can change the number from 4 to 8. 

Anyone able to assist? It currently is looking like this: 

{%- if section.settings.show_product_recommendations -%}
{%- if recommendations.performed -%}
{%- if recommendations.products_count > 0 -%}
<div class="product-recommendations__inner">
{%- if section.settings.heading != blank -%}
<div class="section-header text-center">
<h2>{{ section.settings.heading | escape }}</h2>
</div>
{%- endif -%}
<ul class="grid grid--uniform grid--view-items">
{%- for product in recommendations.products -%}
<li class="grid__item small--one-half medium-up--one-quarter">
{% include 'product-card-grid', max_height: 250, product: product, show_vendor: section.settings.show_vendor %}
</li>
{%- endfor -%}
</ul>
</div>
{%- endif -%}
{%- else -%}
<div class="page-width" data-base-url="{{ routes.product_recommendations_url }}" data-product-id="{{ product.id }}" data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" data-section-type="product-recommendations"></div>
{%- endif -%}
{%- endif -%}

{% schema %}
{

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
991 208 401

@myjulz 

Sorry, It's not possible to customize this code. It displays an automatically-generated list of product recommendations. Products are recommended based on an algorithm that predicts the most relevant products based on the product a customer is interacting with.

The algorithm that identifies recommended products is based on data about products that were purchased together and products with similar descriptions. It uses this data to provide a mix of those related products as recommendations for a given product. 

For more details check this link: https://shopify.dev/tutorials/develop-theme-recommended-products

Thank you,

Tejas

Shopify Expert | Skype: tejas.nadpara
- Like and Mark as an Accepted Solution if reply helpful
- Feel free to contact me on support@hexaecommerce.com regarding any help
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Thanks for the speedy response! Much appreciated. 

1 Like