Debut Theme - Hide product description

Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, I need some help ASAP since my website is about to launch tomorrow.I tried every different code suggested from previous threads on this topic and none works. I tried one that removed the description from the product page but not the main page. I would only like to see the product description once the customer actually clicks on the picture. Under the picture I just want the title of product and price. I was able to add tabs for description etc on product page I just need to remove all this description on my featured collection and main screen products.... HELP!!!!!

Thank you!This is in the sets collection I want to remove all the text except title and price. I just want the customer to click on the picture and then get all the details. I have tabs for the details etcThis is in the sets collection I want to remove all the text except title and price. I just want the customer to click on the picture and then get all the details. I have tabs for the details etcThis is the featured collection page on home screen I want to remove all the text except title and priceThis is the featured collection page on home screen I want to remove all the text except title and price

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @GirlieBoutique,

Can you please share your store url

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi !!! 

Were you able to check out the website??? Sent you an email with Password if required. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello @GirlieBoutique 

Please share reference link which you want to fixed issue...

Thanks...

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted

Looks like you removed the description (and price).

Were you able to figure this out?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2294 116 352

@EdwardGoomba you would be looking for "product-single__description" in a couple different templates

you can either comment them out or wrap them in a check so it only appears on certain page types

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/request#request-page_type

or templates https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/liquid/reference/objects/template

Example somewhere around line 226 https://shopify.com/admin/themes/current?key=sections/featured-product.liquid&line=226

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thanks @PaulNewton - I think the original poster was :)

I was trying to see where they were at with this.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi, I got through. Thank you! I can't remember what I did though lol. I found where someone wanted to add product description so I did the opposite of what they did and it worked.

I do have another question. How do I remove the line ' taxes and shipping calculated at Checkout' in cart page. I would like to remove it altogether. I tried editing the language, I tried removing lines in the product.template section etc I tried adding a line at the bottom of the theme.scs. Nothing works. I tried everything described in the group for this topic for debut theme. Thank you!

My website is launched so it doesn't require a password. www.zizengirlieboutique.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
0 Likes