Debut Theme - How to add FB & IG Icons on the Header

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello everyone,

I have Debut Theme on my store and I would like to add Facebook and Instagram Icons on the Header too.

My website is www.arimidge.com. I would like to add the two icons on the left of my store name.

Can you help me please?

Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 44 119

Hi, @Feds85!

Elle here from Shopify.

This is a design customization we do not recommend. The reason for this is because it can actually decrease conversion rates. Having your social media icons in plain site on the header can encourage customers to go to your social media pages without browsing through your online store first. This article contains additional insights regarding how adding social media links to the header can impact your page. 

Is there a particular reason you wanted the icons on your header as opposed to your footer? Let me know if you'd like to proceed with the customization and I can move your post to our Design board so it has better visibility with designers here in our community. 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Elle...It's ok I understood why.

Actually I have another question: is possible to redice the space between my "Welcome" and my "Collections"

Thanks in advance for your answer.

www.arimidge.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
718 44 119

You're very welcome!

Yes, reducing the white space is certainly possible. I can have our Theme support team make this change for you if you'd like?

For context, when you are using a Shopify supported theme, you will receive 60 minutes of complimentary design time on your account when you choose a plan. This time can be used for basic theme customizations such as reducing white space. You can learn more about support for themes and design time here. 

Let me know if you'd like to proceed with this customization and I'll reach out to you directly via email to set it up. 

Otherwise, if you'd prefer to use our Forums here for assistance, I'd recommend starting a new thread in our Design board. 

Hope this helps! 

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes