Debut Theme Product Description Issue

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, 

Issue Date: 8/26/2020

Theme: Debut 

Issue Description: Unable to insert a table and complete product description. 

I can paste some text for the product description but not the whole thing. When I paste something, Shopify doesn't seem to recognize this at all because the "save" button won't appear. 

However, adding the text through the "show HTML" option works, but of course, this removes the styles of my whole text. 

No new application or anything was added to my store besides products which I manually do. It worked fine yesterday. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

Hi There!

Would you mind sharing your store's URL so I can request Collab access? I'll check this out for you but would need a few examples to check.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Reached my limit of private messages...

If you have access to the other products, I'm just trying to copy/paste the information under the SHIPPING and FAQ tabs and add this to the 3 latest products I've uploaded. 

When you go to the 3 products I send you a screenshot of and try inserting a table, more text, or so manually, you'll see that this is not possible. 

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

This is an accepted solution.

Check this product, just pasted the description from "Summerset Sizzler 40" Grill Liner GL-SIZ40" to "Summerset TRLD 44" Grill Liner GL-TRLD44" linked here and it worked without any issues. 

Trick here is to copy the HTML code from the old product to the HTML code of the new one, this bypasses any compatibility issues in pasting you might face.

K&J
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

I've done that and it certainly helped me!

FYI: if you can, edit out the store URL so I won't have unnecessary spies later on  

Thank you very much @JHKC 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

This is an accepted solution.

Post Updated, apologies for that! 

If you could just mark my answer as the solution that would help the community find answers faster. Cheers mate!

K&J
1 Like