Debut Theme - Shopping Cart Only Adds Default Variant

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello everyone,

I am a somewhat novice at html/css and coding and have been making updates myself to my Shopify store which uses the Debut theme. I just realized today that the shopping cart in my store only adds the default variant product regardless of which variant options are chosen (for instance, it adds a small black shirt regardless of which size and color options are selected when the item is added to the cart). I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting this problem. Could someone give me a run down of the areas in the Debut Theme code that I should check to figure out what is wrong? Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

Hey there, @mcarrle 

Bo here from Shopify Support. 

This is definitely a code issue. I have seen this occur on occasion when users have added apps to their store or edited the code. Our theme team will be more than happy to take a look into this to help you resolve it. I have gone ahead and sent you an email, if you could respond to that email I will be able to pass this along to our theme team. 

I look forward to hearing from you,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi Bo,

Thanks, I believe I responded to your email (although it looked more like a notification of a message rather than the actual message itself). Very appreciative of your response and any help you can provide, thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Bo,

I am having the same issue that the other Shopify individual had, however, some of my shirt update, and some do not. I'm not sure if it's a code issue or app issue. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1200 118 304

Hey there. @RTJ 

Thank you for reaching out. Usually this error occurs due to some code being affected in the product-template.liquid. Can you go to Online Store > Current Theme > Actions > Edit Code. From here search for "product-template.liquid" and open that file. You will then roll the file back to an earlier version as per this guide.

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes