Debut theme - Product thumbnails as slider

Solved
schaudhri
6 0 0

Oh is that what it is? Well damn that was a waste of two days modding this code. I'm going bonkers. This debut thing is going in the garbage where it belongs. Where the heck does someone come off thinking they should stuff full-size pictures for variants of a product? Sorry I'm just a little peeved. A lot of work down the drain and shopify is taxing me a bit. But too strapped to get professional help to design the site (guess why they call it bootstrap eh?) It'd be a lot easier if I knew how to say image gallery in CSS or Liquid JS.. Well actually I did search for that and it led me here. The system is broken.

0 Likes
tttt42
2 0 0

@Tejas_Nadpara any idea how to alter this solution to work with Minimal theme? Thanks

0 Likes
schaudhri
6 0 0

From what I can see it works

0 Likes
ttttt42
6 0 0

@schaudhri works on Minimal theme? When I tried it, not only did it not work, but the Variants dropdown vanished too!

What did you change from the code posted on the first page of this thread, if you don't mind my asking?

0 Likes
schaudhri
6 0 0

Did I say it worked? Oh I'm sorry I meant it didn't work for me. I think they altered the code so I don't think this post is relevant. I spent a lot of time seeing if I could add an image gallery (one big image with a button or clicker and instead of all images full-sized) but couldn't do it. So I meant I don't think so. I mean not without some intense coding. Sorry not to discourage you. Let me know if you find out anything though will you? Thank you.

0 Likes

@schaudhri 

Here is the solution that works flawlessly with Debut. 

Link: https://ezfycode.com/blog/debut-shopify-theme-how-to-add-swipe-for-product-page-images

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Tutorials: Minimal theme product pages slideshow | Debut Theme product pages slideshow
◦ Looking to hire a reliable Shopify developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes
bluchill
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hey Diego does this solution involve paying for a pro version of some software?

0 Likes
2kawaiistore
Tourist
3 0 0

Hello, I have the same problem and when I edited like you said It is not working.

Can you help me please?

0 Likes
bluchill
Excursionist
23 0 4

Shopify has changed the debut code, lovely of them not to provide the option to have/enable the slider function on desktops (it now seems to work by default on mobile devices.) 

bluchill
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hi if you can remember the changes you made, undo them and try this:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Changing-image-thumbnails-in-Debut-Theme/m-p/1083265#...

0 Likes