Debut theme bugs - please help

AdrianaS
3 0 0

Hi,
I am using Debut and have 2 issues.
1) Currency converter Apps:
I am using external apps because my country does not support Shopify payments. I tried 4 different apps, all have the same issue.
When you remove a product from the cart (or change time count to higher/lower) the subtotal shows unnecessary and confusing code snippet, see here:
Before an item is removed:

AdrianaS_1-1603176067977.png

After an item is removed:

AdrianaS_2-1603176105527.png

One app had a fix for it, I had to change something in code, but once done, the Subtotal was no longer working at all. Yes, the code snippet was gone but subtotal was no longer changing when adding/removing items.
All 4 apps exactly the same issue, not sure what to do.

2) Debut theme issue with sale prices:
If I add "Compare at" prices for a product where different variants have different costs, and I switch variant on the product view page, the sale price updates but the original price stays the same until I manually refresh the page.
Example:

AdrianaS_3-1603176275954.png

after changing to 15 inch one (sale price updated original price stays same - is wrong):

AdrianaS_4-1603176299891.png

After page refresh the correct original price is there:

AdrianaS_5-1603176327492.png

Not using any app for this, directly the "compare at" option from Shopify/Debut...

Any help is very much appreciated.

scubadivinggifts.myshopify.com

0 Likes
JayneDFS
5 0 0

Same issue here. Anyone?

0 Likes
JayneDFS
5 0 0

@AdrianaS Have you found a solution to the Subtotal issue? 

0 Likes
AdrianaS
3 0 0

not completely, but did this instead. Using paid app BEST Currency Converter, had the same issue but contacted them and they fixed it for me with some additional code.
The subtotal does still show but for less than a second so it is ok.
I asked if that can be even shorter and got its reply from Best currency converter:

""Please note that the snippet should not display at all. The fact that it does is a direct result of improper formatting on the theme's developers side in regards to the currency formatting variable. 

This type of error is a rarity amongst our clients and if you wish to resolve it entirely please consider reaching out to the theme's developers. What we did to avoid giving you this option from the beginning was create a custom function which, when the app is enabled of course, reinterprets the price text variable properly as html, but it has a delay of 10 milliseconds since the change is not instant. This cannot be reduced further I'm afraid.""

Seems like Debut devs&shopify don´t care, since Debut has an inbuilt currency switcher (that only works with shopify payments that I can´t have)
0 Likes

@AdrianaS @JayneDFS 

If you still need help feel free to reach out.

Additionally, since you're using Debut theme, I have a few custom code snippets specifically for the Debut theme that can be useful for you, like:

Product Image Slider (with swipe & arrows feature)
Sticky navigation/announcement bar for Debut

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Product page slider & thumbnails with swiping for free themes: Minimal | Debut | Brooklyn | Supply
◦ Replace apps with simple copy/paste code snippets. Examples clicking here.
0 Likes
JayneDFS
5 0 0

Hey @AdrianaS ,

Just in case you haven't found the answer yet.
Forgot how/where I found this solution but I have saved it on my sticky note.

1. Open your theme code editor.

2. Open theme.js file and look for "cartSubtotal".

3. Change 'innerText' / 'textContent' with 'innerHTML'.

(*) You might have 'textContent' or any other phrase as in the screenshot below.

OfexKrtqafTmuyhgQVypA6LUV3Lg-vBgOw.png

It does not matter. Switch it to innerHTML in any case.

Hit save. 
Now, view your cart page and update the cart. 
The issue should be resolved.

0 Likes
AdrianaS
3 0 0

thank you but it does not work. I found this exact solution while using the first free app in their FAQs, implemented it but then the subtotal does NOT change at all unless you manually refresh the page, which is even worse.
The second free app I tried, after asking for help they did this same code change for me and the same result.
Both issues were the same across the 4 free apps I tried. So either code snippet is shown or if trying to fix the code no subtotal updates at all.

Whatever the paid app did helped and still works fine

0 Likes