Debut theme: keeping VERTICAL width of YouTube player without stretching to full description width

madumbi
1 0 1

Hi everyone

I've added YouTube embed code into my product description on one of my products and changed width/height so that it keeps the vertical format of the video. It looks perfect in the editing description preview, but when publishing, it seems that the theme is forcing the player to full width of the description area on the product page, which breaks my vertical width/height settings. It's almost as if this is being over-ridden by CSS somewhere that's deciding that the width should be X.

Please help!

(And Merry Christmas!)

FrankMoore
Explorer
43 10 9

Can you provide URL?

Shopify Developer from @Cadifa
0 Likes
coreyegan
1 0 0

I am finding this exact problem as well. Did anyone solve it? 

Here's what I'm getting. The top embedded video is normal. The second embedded video should have new width and height to make it vertical. 

Embed Code View: Top is regular, bottom is with width & height changedEmbed Code View: Top is regular, bottom is with width & height changedContent preview: Top is regular, bottom is with new width & heightContent preview: Top is regular, bottom is with new width & heightLive Page View. Both appear the same although bottom should have different width & heightLive Page View. Both appear the same although bottom should have different width & height

0 Likes

Share the URL of your stores, I'll help you out.

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes