Decimal quantity

Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 2
Is it possible to use decimal quantities in the checkout & POS?

I sell nuts, seeds etc & need to be able to just scoop whatever amount they want, weigh it and charge them for that amount without have to muck around trying to get it to exactly 300g or whatever they’ve asked for. I don’t need that exact function on my online store but need the amounts the customer selects to come off my stock total for that item (linked to the POS total). Eg. If I have 20kg of almonds in stock & I sell 356g of almonds on the POS & then 250g on the online store I need both of those amounts to come off the total 20kg so that I don’t need to run two separate inventories. Is that possible? Or if not, just the decimal option for POS & I will have to run two inventories. How much will it cost?
0 Likes
Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1404 114 225

Hi @Bonnie29,

I have gone through your requirement and can help you with the same. Could you please share your URL once so that I can review your store?

Thanks,

Perennial Solution

0 Likes
Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 2
Hi,

Thanks, yes, my website is thenutbank.com.au

Thanks

Bonnie
0 Likes
Bonnie29
Tourist
12 0 2
I gave you my website details & am just awaiting your reply.
0 Likes
heenal
3 0 0

Hi

Were you able to complete this job for the client?

We have a similar requirement with our Shopify store reimagineco.ca

We have some products that are sold in kg and we need customers to be able to order, for example, 0.235kg. It won't work to make all the numbers into grams, because the quantities in Shopify need to sync with Vend POS which is our in-store POS system. In store our quantities are in kg, so it should be the same way in Shopify. However, Shopify only allows integers for the quantity field.

Please could you let me know whether you could do this, what the specs and price of the job would be, and when you could get this completed? 

Many thanks

Heenal Rajani

0 Likes
paisleyfab
1 0 0

Is this available now ? 

We also have the similar usecase where we want decimal quantity. 

0 Likes