Deleting Collection overlay title *debut theme*

Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 2

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 12.12.07.png

Hi everybody, I'm trying to delete the title from my collection page which is showing up on my featured collection on my homepage. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 12.12.20.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 52 65

Hey, @joemoney37.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

I understand you're looking to remove the title for the Featured collection on your homepage. Just to clarify, were you referring to this title?

26-07-1ig8o-x6qu0

If so, there are a couple of options for removing the title that you can consider. The simplest way is by removing the Heading in the Featured collection section, which will remove the title from the homepage. That being said, if you have multiple Featured collection sections, this method may make it a little more difficult to tell the sections apart. 

26-19-wno73-6lqoh

Alternatively, if you'd like to keep the headings for the Storefront editor, you can remove the title from the Featured collection through the theme's coding as well. Since you're using a Shopify-supported theme, and if your store is subscribed to a plan, this is something that our Theme Support team can help you with.

Simply let me know your preference and I'd be happy to further assist you!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
22 0 2

Hi Elias,

Thanks for the reply. I was actually wanting the Individual collection titles to be taken off the background collection images. But I have just been told these images are only visible when hovering over with your mouse. So, that doesn't seem like such a good idea. 

Do you know of a way change the Individual collection fonts which you can see in grey (oily skin, dry skin etc) which represent the collections. That way everything looks a little better.

Yes I am on a shopify paid plan.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-07-27 at 10.10.35.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 52 65

Hey, @joemoney37.

Thank you for clarifying. Our Theme Support team can definitely assist you with removing the individual collection titles, change the fonts, or remove the hover-over effect for the Featured collection section. I've sent an authentication email to the registered email address we have on file for your store. Please check the inbox/spam folders in the account owner's email for the next steps and reply to it. Once I've confirmed the customizations, I'll be able to forward the request to our Theme Support on your behalf. 

Thanks!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes