Different Pricing for Different Customers, Same Inventory

JimHuertas
1 0 0

Hello All!

I am in need of some help. I have a store where most customers will have access to a product at 1 price, but I have a few clients where they should be charged MORE. The default needs to be the lower price as it is for the majority of clients, therefore a "discount code" doesn't work for me. Any thoughts on how to do this? I have tried a variant, but it doesn't seem to run off the same inventory, which is my additional requirement. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
72 17 13

Hi @JimHuertas.

Thank you for sharing your message, I understand exactly what you are going for here and think this is a great idea. I'd love to hear the reasoning behind charging certain customers more, is this a sort of wholesale idea or bulk pricing for certain customers? Either way, I would be happy to provide you with some ideas moving forward. 

The easiest way to achieve something like this would be to utilize a third-party application, the first one that comes to my mind is the Locksmith App. This app is $9 a month with a 15-day free trial period so you can test out its features before making a subscription-based commitment. The idea of this app is that it gives you access and control over all products. For example, you can require registration to un-hide certain products, or a specific customer tag for said customers to view the different pricing or by accessing the product with a passcode. The app is fully customizable and lets you manage who sees what content. You may need to have two sets of your product so that one "batch" of inventory shows on your storefront at the initial price and the "hidden" products for your other clientele, are the other half of that product's inventory. It would be worth clarifying with the apps developers if this would be the case! 

It may be worth reaching out to the app's developer in general via the app listing page here to ensure the app can achieve exactly what you need before downloading it but remember you do have that 15-day free trial period to test it out. You can reach out to the apps developer-support by clicking "get support" or emailing the support email provided:

Since it does sound like you are offering Wholesale options, another great app choice would be Bold Custom Pricing which offers, Wholesale Pricing, Member and VIP options and Quantity Breaks. The app is a little pricey at $39.99 a month but you would still have a trial period of 14-days to test out the application. The reason this app stands out for me as a suggestion for you is the ability for VIP or exclusive member-only pricing. 

Alternately, you could look into an app like Volume & Discounted pricing to set up quantity breaks and offer and display discounted pricing to customers or by generating more sales with bulk orders by offering volume discounts with custom pricing on certain products or collections. This app is $7.00 a month with a 7-day free trial and could be a great alternative option to look into.

If you are new to the idea of Wholesale, and this sounds like something you would like to investigate further, I would also recommend checking out our helpful guide on Selling Wholesale here.

I hope some of these ideas help you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach back out here if you have any additional questions, we are always happy to chat!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes