Disable inspect element, disable download image without app only coding

mohamedmo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey There,
I'd like to disable all the ways to access Inspect Element such as "Right Click, F12, Ctrl + Shift + I, Ctrl + Shift + J, Ctrl + U, and also I'd like to hide my Gif Url form the source page too finally can I hide CDN URL.
Thanks 

Replies 7 (7)

Visely-Team
Shopify Partner
1843 210 488

You can't do that. There is a way to prevent the right-click so the context menu doesn't show up, but that would be it. You can do nothing about the URL and content, so if you are sensitive about your assets being "stolen" add watermarks to your images.

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
TroWul
Excursionist
28 0 4

@Visely-Team What about using the code from this site, should it not be possible?

https://www.codingtag.com/how-to-disable-inspect-element

tony5280
Shopify Partner
85 6 51

Let's be clear about something here: if a user goes to a webpage and see an image, it's already been downloaded to their computer.

You can spend as much time as you want trying to hide and obfuscate images, and there will still be someone who can get around it.  I had a client once who was a NYT bestseller, and a bit eccentric. He too, wanted his images "unstealable." We did all kinds of gymnastics, and as soon as his people couldn't figure it out was when we were done. Quite the black hole, but at least he had deep pockets.

A note of caution: if your intended audience is of a highly technical persuasion, such efforts can actually turn people away–merely the attempt betrays a misunderstanding that a technical brand can hardly afford to project.

Spac-es
Shopify Partner
316 94 104

Hello there!

To disable the right click in your Shopify store add the following code in theme.liquid and paste it at the end of the document, before the <head>

<script type="text/javascript">
		document.onkeydown = function (event) {
		     event = (event || window.event);
		     if (event.keyCode == 123 || event.keyCode == 18)
		     {
		           return false;
		     }
		}
		document.addEventListener('contextmenu', event => event.preventDefault());
	</script>

I hope it has been helpful for you. Mark it as a solution, thank you very much!

Spac-es
Shopify Partner
316 94 104

BONUS

You can still drag the image to another new tab, how can I make the image not draggable?

Add the following code if you want to prevent this:

<style>
    img {
        pointer-events: none;
    }
</style>

Like! 👍

Kay39
Visitor
1 0 1

Thank you so much, both codes worked great for me!!

ManuelH
Excursionist
15 0 3

you can also inhibit the other options for opening devtools using the following code:

<script type="text/javascript">
document.addEventListener('contextmenu', (e) => e.preventDefault());

function ctrlShiftKey(e, keyCode) {
return e.ctrlKey && e.shiftKey && e.keyCode === keyCode.charCodeAt(0);
}

document.onkeydown = (e) => {
// Disable F12, Ctrl + Shift + I, Ctrl + Shift + J, Ctrl + U
if (
event.keyCode === 123 || event.keyCode == 18 || 
ctrlShiftKey(e, 'I') ||
ctrlShiftKey(e, 'J') ||
ctrlShiftKey(e, 'C') ||
(e.ctrlKey && e.keyCode === 'U'.charCodeAt(0))
)
return false;
};
</script>