Disable shopify Standard Store when using custom Storefront

nanderson815
2 0 0

Hello --

I am making a React.js Shopify store for a client using the Storefront API. I want to use the standard Shopify checkout process, but want to disable all other pages of the standard shopify store template. I keep finding redirects in the checkout flow and email notifications, and want to ensure no one ends up at the .myshopify.com site, instead of my custom store. 

Is there a way to disable the storefront, but still retain the checkout process?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3791 362 749

Hi @nanderson815,

Nick here from Shopify. Great question! 

I'm wondering if the Shopify Buy Button would work for you here. The Buy Button is a sales channel which links to the Shopify checkout allowing you to sell your products on websites, blog posts or even create checkout links to send to customers in an email or social media. It essentially offers the Shopify checkout without any of the other aspects of a website such as a storefront. 

You can see the guide Shopify has for how to add the Buy Button sales channel here as well as how to create a Buy Button once the sales channel has been added here

Hopefully, this helps and is what you're looking for. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
nanderson815
2 0 0

Hey Nick --

Thanks for the response. Just a couple follow up questions -

1) Can the buy-button checkout be associated with a logged-in user? I have the login function on the storefront via the api. It also looks like the "Sign In" Link on the checkout page redirects to the Shopify generic storefront. Can that template be edited to redirect to my custom store?

2) Will the buy button / api still work with the $9 Shopify Lite plan?

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3791 362 749

Hi @nanderson815,

No problem at all. Hope it helped. Let's look at your follow up questions:

1. I'm not sure exactly what you mean when you ask if the buy button checkout can be associated with a logged in user? It would act the same as a store for the admin side of things. So if you had any staff accounts added to the account, it would allow them to access and see the admin with the permissions you gave them. Is this what you were asking?
  2. Yes, the buy button will work with the $9 Shopify Lite plan. In fact, that is the basic function of the Lite plan. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Venturee
3 0 0

Did you ever find a solution for this? I'm trying to have my store do the same thing.

0 Likes