Discount Code not showing up on Checkout

Highlighted
1 0 0

I've seen this question asked on the forums before, but with no help. I hope this gets the attention of someone from the staff.

I created a discount code that should apply to everything, but the field to type in the code is not showing up. I dont have a desktop to test this, but its happening on mobile. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
73 5 14
  • It Could happen if the store have no active discount
  • If you are on mobile the option is present under Show Order details dropdown 
Solution Expert
- Did I solved your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 2

I have the same problem. Active discounts, but the discount field does not show up anywhere during checkout. Any ideas why this might be happening? In my case I tested on desktop. There is no field anywhere during checkout or in the cart to enter a discount code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 1 2

Ok I have identified the problem and solution on my side. I'm using an app called Dynamic Product Options which creates a draft order, and this conflicts with the default checkout process. Fortunately, in their settings they allow you to choose Default Checkout instead of Draft Order. Once I switched back to Default Checkout, the discount code field appeared again as expected.

I hope this helps someone else.

0 Likes