Discrepancy between Google Analytics & Shopify Sales

newbiehere1
3 0 0

Hello,

I'm having issues with my Google Analytics. Earlier this week, I set up Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce in Shopify. The guide I'm following suggests that I check the Ecommerce report in GA 24 hours after my first sale to confirm that the setup was properly done. It's been well over 24 hours and I'm seeing no data on the Ecommerce Overview page. Have I possibly set it up wrong? Am I looking at the wrong dashboard? 

Can anyone help? I'm tearing my hair out trying to solve this.

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
428 54 79

Hi, @newbiehere1!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for posting! Our scope of support when it comes to Google Analytics is fairly limited, as there are too many factors outside of Shopify that can affect how information may display. Google Analytics and Shopify are two different systems that don't work the same way, and for that reason, there will be times you'll notice discrepancies. You can learn more about that here.

That being said, because you suggested that there is no data, I would recommend doing a little troubleshooting to ensure that you have indeed set everything up properly on the Google side of things. It sounds like you have already, but I do want to confirm that you've already gone through all the steps outlined in this guide to set up Google Analytics.

If everything appear to be in order, the next thing I suggest doing is installing Google Tag Assistant. Google Tag Assistant is a Chrome extension from Google that scans the webpage you're on and provide some information about the Google Analytics tracking scripts active on it.

Furthermore, it'll provide you with some indication of whether or not the tracking scripts are installed properly on your website, and if they're actually working. If Google does notice something slightly off, they'll provide links to their documentation that explain what might be wrong, and suggestions for what the merchant might be able to do to fix it!

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction. If there's anything I can clarify, please let me know.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
newbiehere1
3 0 0

Hi @Ryder thank you being thorough!

I believe I have completed all necessary steps to install GA on my website.

I have Ecommerce Tracking enabled on GA, as shown below:

newbiehere1_1-1619510259891.png

I also have added the GA code to the Google Analytics account field on Shopify and I have the Google Tag Assistant installed in my Chrome. It looks like my tagging scripts are installed properly on my website, so what do you think is causing the discrepancy?

I think it's also worth mentioning that I always get this error from Google Analytics:

newbiehere1_2-1619510488226.png

0 Likes
Ofer_BeProfit
Shopify Partner
28 0 0

Hi @newbiehere1 - the BeProfit - Profit Tracker app could be what you're looking for. You'll get a dashboard that lets you track and analyze your profits (gross profit and net profit) as well as all of your store's expenses including production, shipping, marketing costs, and more.

The dashboard lets you easily make sense of all your shop's data at a quick glance so you can discover what areas need optimizing in order to maximize your store's profit. 

Full disclosure, I'm on the BeProfit team, so if you have any questions about the app please feel free to ask me - I'm happy to help.

Try the app here: https://www.become.co/shopify/landing/?utm_source=shopifycommunity&utm_medium=forums&utm_campaign=11...

0 Likes