Does Shopify have any limitations with handling transaction on items over USD$10000?

markkontex
1 0 0

Hi,

We are a startup and looking to sell our products for more than $10000 on Shopify. I recall a while back that a friend or colleague of mine told me that there are some limitations in handling such a large transaction on Shopify. Just wanted to confirm this. If we were to sell our products for lets say 10k, will there be limitations or hiccups along the way? Either on our side, the buyers' side, or in the Shopify platform.

Thank you all!

Best,

Mark

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
772 86 120

Hey, @markkontex!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

It's great to hear you're interested in using Shopify as the ecommerce solution for your startup, and I'm happy to help with your question. With regards to limitations on processing amounts, that will depend on how you accept payments from your customers. Each payment processor will have their own set of terms, policies, and limitations, so once you know what processor you'd like to use, checking in with them directly will be the best next step to get information on limitations, etc. 

Shopify has an in-house payment processor called Shopify Payments, and it has no limitations to how much you can process each month, or per transaction. Our Shopify Payments FAQ page has some more information on this, as well as a range of other topics regarding processing payments via Shopify Payments. Furthermore, I suggest checking out the requirements to use Shopify Payments to check if your business will be eligible. 

I'd love to hear more about your startup! What are you going to be selling? Are you already selling elsewhere? 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes