Domain Help

RedRoseVintage
1 0 0

Hi! I just finished transferring my domain from GODADDY to Shopify. It has been completed by GODADDY which I verified but my domain section still says awaiting transfer. Any Clue on what to do next or how long it typically takes? The guy at GODADDY told me it would show up instantly. Any help would be so appreciated. 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1183 155 194

Hey, @RedRoseVintage! Thanks for confirming with GoDaddy that everything has been completed from their end first. That’s usually where we need to start.

It can take up to 20 days for your domain to fully transfer over, so if you have just gone through the transfer process, it’s normal to see an awaiting transfer or transfer pending notification on your domain page in ‘Online Store > Domains’. There shouldn’t be any effect on what your customers see during this time though; Your domain should continue to be accessible during the entire transfer process. 

Does that help? The answers to other frequently asked questions about domain transfers can be found here. But just let me know if something else comes up that isn’t covered there.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes