Domain Issues

Solved
dashofpride
Excursionist
34 0 4

Hi!

When I type in dashofpride.com the site populates.  However, when I type www.dashofpride.com the site can't be found.  Does anyone know why? And how to fix that?

Thanks,
Jenna

0 Likes

Did you set up the domain in Shopify or are you managing DNS outside Shopify?

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/domains/add-a-domain/using-existing-domains/connecting-domains has info but key part is:

If you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65 

Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com 

Looks like you may be even using Cloudflare and have the A record setup but not the cname.

If you found my post helpful, please like and accept it.

Don "The Mad Wizard" Cole
Your Store Wizards
www.yourstorewizards.com
Over 20 years in eCommerce development.

Contact us at support@yourstorewizards.com if you'd like U.S. based professional help.
0 Likes
dashofpride
Excursionist
34 0 4

I purchased the domain through google.  I will check the DNS settings.

0 Likes
dashofpride
Excursionist
34 0 4

It looks like I set it up right - can you take a look?

Image 2020-06-18 at 11.39.59 AM.png

0 Likes

This is an accepted solution.

For the name portion on the cname, you just want www .  This sets it so the www subdomain points there.  You don't want the whole www.shops.myshopify.com as that means that this url works:

http://www.shops.myshopify.com.dashofpride.com/

Which obviously isn't what you want.  So edit that and change it to www (or remove it and add the new one where the name portion is just wwww).

If you found my post helpful, please like and accept it.

Don "The Mad Wizard" Cole
Your Store Wizards
www.yourstorewizards.com
Over 20 years in eCommerce development.

Contact us at support@yourstorewizards.com if you'd like U.S. based professional help.
0 Likes
dashofpride
Excursionist
34 0 4

This fixed it!  Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes
AMR1215
1 0 0

Hi, 

I wanted to remove the shopify managed domain in our store but there's no way I can edit or remove it. We want the Primary Domain to be used in the Shopify managed domain? How can we do that?

0 Likes