Domain Name

1 0 0

Hello, I have purchase a domain name through Shopify while using Shopify trial period. Now the period has expired I am not interested to proceed with Shopify at this stage, but I cant seem to access my domain or cant see from which provider it has been purchased (in case i want to renew it). I would like to keep it as i paid for a year upfront and also i need this specific domain name. Since i finished my trial i cant seem to access it or anything related to it. Please let me know how i can use it on other site and who is the provider i should contact for renewal.

On the other note, i find it really frustrating that unless you have a shop you cannot access a `live-chat` or even `email` the support. Not what i would expect from such a big platform!! Very disappointed!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1109 93 124

Hi @maria333,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! 

Our support can grant you access to your domain by re-opening your Shopify account for a few short days. We would normally recommend transferring the domain away from Shopify if you have closed your account, so you can have access to your domain anytime instead of having to reach out to our support to re-open the store. Services such as Godaddy or Google Domains are popular domain registrars for example and you can transfer the domain away from Shopify as mentioned in this guide

I've just sent you a private email as I'll need to authenticate a few details if you could take a peek. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes