Domain Name

kalilash
1 0 0

Hello, I have closed my shopify store a month ago not to get billed anymore, as my business did not launch yet.

How is it possible to get my purchased domain kalilash.com back ?

I still am not ready to re-open the website before end of May, so I do not want to be charged, but need to make sure I get the domain back because the website address will be branded on all packaging collaterals.

Thank you support Team.

0 Likes
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1298 79 172

Hi there @kalilash!

Don here from Shopify.

I'd be only too happy to help clarify your options in this situation if you can confirm just a little bit more info for me.

If you're looking to be able to use this domain elsewhere (on a non-Shopify store or any other website) then you can consider transferring this domain away to another provider (once certain criteria are met for domain transfer....

On the other hand, if you intend to open another Shopify store in the future and want to ensure you can use this domain with that website, then it would not be necessary to transfer this away as we would be able to help you to remove the domain from the older store and transfer it over to the new one.

Should the latter be the case, you can get in touch with us via our help centre when the time arises, so we can help to securely make the change for your existing Shopify domain.

Let me know if there's anything unclear here or if you have any other questions we can help out with.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes