Domain Problems - please help

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

URL should point to my new shopify site and it is not yet... I have waited 2 days. Register.com tells me everything is correct. Also, shopify site is pointing to my old website (so I can not even view my new shopify site)

I can not get ahold of anyone from shopify and I sure wish there was a phone number I could call. I am posting here to see if someone can help! Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 31 53

Hey, @b-land123!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

It sounds like you're trying to connect a third-party domain to your Shopify account. I'm happy to help out with this! In order to connect a third-party domain to Shopify, there are two required DNS records you need to have in place in your domains settings. This will be applied from your domain hosts end, in this case Register.com. The required records are: 

• A-Record: 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME Record: shops.myshopify.com

It's also important to ensure there are no other A or CNAME records on your domain unless they are required for some other services, although additional A and CNAME records may still potentially cause connection issues. We have some more information here on connecting a third-party domain to Shopify. 

If the domain has already been set up correctly as per the above information, and is still not pointing to your Shopify site, could you please try the following troubleshooting steps: 

• Check your browser for updates, and complete them if available
  • Clear your cache and cookies
  • Try in an incognito/ private browser session
  • Try the above steps in an alternate internet browser 

Please reply back here and let me know how the above goes for you. If you continue to experience issues, please send over some screenshots to help show me what you're seeing vs what you expect to see. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

Thanks for responding - they do have the correct info 

• A-Record: 23.227.38.65
  • CNAME Record: shops.myshopify.com

I tried the other suggestions and it still does not work. I emailed twice and I was hoping I could speak to a shopify representative.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 31 53

I'm happy to help out! Thank you as well for the quick reply. 

Those records are the correct ones, so there must be something else at play here. I'd like to take a closer look into this from my end and do some deeper investigation. I see you mention emailing into our support team. Could you please reply back here and provide me with your ticket numbers? As long as you've emailed in from your account owner email address, authentication will be complete and I'll be able to do a deeper dig into this domain issue. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Your ticket number is *18370651*
##- Plea
se type your reply above this line -##
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
387 31 53

Thank you for providing that ticket number! I'll take a closer look on my end and follow up with you in that ticket via email. I look forward to getting this all sorted out for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 1 0

I am still not getting any help from shopify, please contact me!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

for the cname do you literally mean shops.myshopify.com and not yourshopnamehere.shopify.com 

I'm having this exact issue. Im working with register.com since their site seems to be the issue (it's convoluted). 

0 Likes