Solved

How to set up email with a pending domain status on Shopify?

Mutanaffas
Visitor
2 0 0

572F1253-1627-4461-8F6F-3F2746F2188F.jpeg

Hello 

i have purchased my domain with Shopify when I first start it. Now I need to setup my email to have it as sales@mystorename.com. But when I go the setting it appears that my Domain status is still pending.

I don’t know what to do now? 

Accepted Solution (1)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Mutanaffas!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about your domain.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Miles
Shopify Staff (Retired)
480 68 158

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Mutanaffas!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out about your domain.

It looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Tian_C
Tourist
7 0 23

[update] I've found the place where I can send email to support. It's very weird, whenever I try to get there, it asks me to re-login and then redirect me to the community forum...Either it's designed that way or the navigation is off. Please take a look. Regarding this issue, I've sent the email to support, and will update for anyone here if it's a problem that can be solved by myself.

Hi, I have the same problem, and following the link leads me nowhere...I couldn't find the a way to create support ticket for this.

Can you direct me or else let me know how you solved it for the original post?

Thanks

Tian

Tian_C
Tourist
7 0 23

Just wanted to update that issue has been solved. I think it was a delay in time between domain verification process and the display of verification. I don't really what happened but it's solved now

Caim
Tourist
13 0 0

Hello Shopify,

I have the same problem and my domain has been set up a long time ago.

How can this be resolved?

Caim_0-1623134730576.png

Thank you

SashaSolo
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue!

HOW TO I OPEN UP A TICKET?

THE LINK ABOVE JUST GOES IN CIRCLES AND NO REAL TICKET SUPPORT!

WTF? THIS IS BS!

Caim
Tourist
13 0 0

Hi SashaSolo,

I don't know if you have resolved it. 

In my case, I sent mail to shopify team and we went back and forth, it eventually got solved, but honestly, I don't know if it was any of the different solutions that we tried.

Below is the last instruction given by the shopify rep which I tried and we later realised that it was solved

Issue 1. Domain pending.

Steps to try: Could you try changing your Sender Email to something else , save that, and then change it back to what you want it to be  and save. This will trigger the re-authentication. It could take up to 48 hours for it to authenticate.

If after 48 hours it is still pending, please let us know and we will escalate to the Technical Support for you.

Alternatively, you can write to Shopify team from the live support page, see link below

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

All the best.