Domain Transfer to Shopify

AnnieQuinn
1 0 0

I transferred my domain www.anniequinnjewelry.com  to Shopify over a week ago and it still hasn't transferred.

I get the following errors from Why No Padlock?

SSL Connection - Errors
The SSL certificate tests failed. Please be sure that you can connect to your site over SSL and try again.

Mixed Content - Errors
 The Mixed content tests failed. Please be sure that you can connect to your site over SSL and try again.
Error Returned: net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED at https://www.anniequinnjewelry.com

Any help is appreciated

Regards,

Annie
0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
55 6 7

Hi @AnnieQuinn!

Ivy here from Shopify.

The most common reason for an error like this is that the DNS settings for your domain need to be adjusted. If this domain is transferred to Shopify, you can access your DNS settings by going to online store > domains from with your admin, then clicking the blue "manage" button beside the domain name. From here, you should see "DNS Settings" on the right hand of your screen. Your DNS settings should look like this:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65.
  • Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com.

We have a helpful guide here that goes into detail on domain transfers and settings, having a read over this to double check everything is 100% correct would be a great step to take. If you are certain these settings are correct and that you have waited the 48 hours needed after editing these settings, then the next step in troubleshooting would be to reach out to our Support Team so that a support ticket can be created. We are not able to give account specific advice here on the Community, but the Suppport Advisor Team will be able to access your account to take a closer look into this if needed. You can reach the Support Team via our Support Portal here. I hope this helps!

Thanks, Ivy

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes