Domain help

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am developing a new ecommerce site with shopify .

I purchased my domain from GoDaddy.com

When I am connection my domain with shopify  as a primary domain its redirecting to the earlier site which previously I made with Wordpress not the shopify website I have made.

Need Your help

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 52 65

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @TB3.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand your GoDaddy domain is still redirecting to Wordpress. This usually happens if the domain’s DNS is still pointing to Wordpress. If you've already updated the DNS, it's possible that the domain needs more time to propagate. However, if the issue persists, you’ll want to make sure that the Wordpress DNS is removed from your domain on GoDaddy. You can try setting up your domain with our automatic connection for GoDaddy and see if that helps update the DNS for your domain. Alternatively, you can also add or update the DNS manually. Shopify’s DNS consists of two records: 

• CNAME record (shops.myshopify.com) 
  • A record (23.227.38.65)

If you run into any roadblocks with adding or updating the DNS for your domain, I recommend getting in touch with GoDaddy and they can help you update the DNS for your domain. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions on domains, don’t hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 7 23

Hi TB3,

Established in 1997, Godaddy is among the best websites to conduct a domain searching and purchasing. It's essential to learn about how to link your Godaddy domain to Shopify. In other words, when customers type your domain to their web browsers, it'll direct them to your Shopify store. Using a third-party domain provider, you can control your domain settings, make payments for your domain or rebuild it. On Shopify, you can link your GoDaddy domain automatically and manually. After exactly 2 days, your process will take effect.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

I also connected my GoDaddy domain to my Shopify website it says connected but does not work... need help with this. I did clear all my history and still nothing. 

www.myswoodie.com  

0 Likes