Domain issue with CNAME record

Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi,

I have an issue with my domain, impossible to configure my DNS.

I had bought a domain from Shopify directly yesterday, I have an error with my CNAME record.

Could you help to configure the CNAME, I can't edit it by myself because Shopify website don't give me the access and my website doesn't work, with the www.

The domain is revolinked.com

Please see the image below :

cname entered incorrectlycname entered incorrectly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I can see from your screenshot that you are attempting to connect an existing domain, rather than one you have purchased from Shopify. Are you certain that this domain was purchased through ourselves? Can you check Settings > Billing for any invoices for a domain purchase? 

Did you purchase the domain from a third-party service? You should have been sent an email from your domain host if this is the case, confirming the purchase. 

From your screenshot, it looks like there are some records missing in your DNS settings, which could be edited in your domain host dashboard. Once we establish who hosts the domain for certain, we can look to troubleshoot further! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @Cal,

Thank you for your reply.

I attach the screenshot of my invoice from Shopify for the domain. I bought the domain directly from the site like I said and not from a third party site.

The transaction number *84912270

Also I add this capture below because there is registered the google domain provider, I suppose that Shopify and google are maybe in partnership, I do not know, in any case I have no way to access the DNS configuration .

Capture d’écran 2020-07-30 à 13.23.53.png

Capture d’écran 2020-07-30 à 13.31.17.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

Hi again, thanks for providing some further context on this. Did you purchase the domain on another store, prior to opening your current store? If so, did you perform the correct domain transfer process prior to closing your initial store? 

If not, I can add 24 hours of access to your old store in order to perform the correct domain transfer process. Let me know your thoughts on this! 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi @Cal,

This is my first store, this is the first time that I take a domain for Shopify and for a store, it is still very new to me and I thought I could launch my store but unfortunately this problem appears and persists.
Once again, I created my Shopify account, I created a domain name on Shopify, I did not have a previous store, I did not perform a domain transfer, the domain was created during my purchase on Shopify. The whole process was done on the Shopify site.
I don't know what else to tell you, I told you everything I know. Can you solve this problem please, I thought to start my activity 3 days ago but I am still stuck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 71 122

There does appear to be two accounts involved in this query, you may have opened a second store without realizing it. 

Because there is sensitive information involved, I'm going to email you on the account owner's email address with more information on how we can resolve this! 

0 Likes