Domain redirect

4 0 0

I don't want one of the domains that I purchased on shopify to link with my primary / store domain (also on Shopify).  I've tried removing the subdomain under the Subdomains section in Shopify's main Domains section and I've also tried "disabling redirection" from the Primary Domain section within the Shopify Domain main menu.  It keeps redirecting anyway when I enter the non-primary domain in the url.  I've tried erasing cookies, but with no effect. Can someone please help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
168 27 22

Hello, @Maukapens .

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

I understand you want don’t want one of your Shopify-managed domain to connect to your store. Removing the subdomain will help to remove the ‘www.website.com’ address; however, ‘website.com’ will still be present. There are two options to consider to disable this domain. 

The first option, if you have a particular place to point this domain, you can edit the DNS. By changing both the A Record and CNAME Record, you can point the domain to a different website or location. This method will also allow you to continue to use this domain outside of Shopify.

05-30-kyo99-8grvg

The second option is to remove the Shopify-managed domain completely, which will require contacting Shopify Support and I can take care of this for you. Keep in mind, this method will also require contacting Shopify to reconnect to your domain, especially for instances like domain renewal. If you do not plan to use this domain, remember to disable auto-renewal for this domain. 

Before we proceed with the next steps, may I know your preference?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes