Domain transfer from Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

I recently closed my Shopify store and received my domain transfer code. I am going to be using the domain name I bought through Shopify but I need to change the nameservers setting at my domain registrar to allow me to host a domain name with a different provider. Where can I login to my domain registrar’s client area and manage the domain.

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
615 40 90

Hello, @mike2325

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, here to help. 

Sounds like your next step is going to be to complete the transfer process. In short, you'll want to do the following steps: 

Your domain will be locked again if you don't complete your transfer within 30 days.

Let me know if you need anything clarified! 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Hi. I have also closed my Shopify account but would like to transfer my secondary domain. May you assist?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
615 40 90

Hi @Kingtut,

I'd be happy to help. May I ask where you purchased the domain in question from?  Is the problem that you need to access your old store to disconnect your domain or are you just looking for instructions on how to transfer it to a new store? Or, are you wanting to transfer a domain to a third-party platform? 

There are several steps involved in a domain transfer, detailed here. 

Additionally, if we are dealing with a third-party domain you can learn how to remove it through your admin. If you are transferring a Shopify domain away from Shopify, you'll want to be sure it's been over 60 days and then use the guide here to manage your transfer. 

If this is a case of transferring a domain from a closed store to a new account, let me know and I will reach out via email with the next steps. Please be sure the email address on file for your forums account is up to date! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0
Thanks for your response. My Shopify site is closed and I purchased a sub domain from them. I just want the domain name released so I can add it to my 3rd party provider.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
615 40 90

Hello again! 

I'm happy to help you out with this. Please check your email and send me a reply as directed and we can get the ball rolling for you. 

Any questions, just let me know! 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm looking to transfer my .co.uk domain out from shopify but requires customer support which I can't reach.

Please contact me as I'd like to transfer the domain.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
615 40 90

Hello @ZoomziShop

Thanks for reaching out and for your patience while I got back to you. At your convenience, please check your email to find further instructions so I can assist you with your domain transfer.

Any questions just let me know! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

I initiated my domain transfer from Shopify to crazydomains and even though the shopify domain manager shows domain is unlocked , with authorization code and a public WHOIS. Crazydomains is telling me they cannot see this info and that the domain is blocked for a transfer.

I have been stuck with this for 3 days now! Please help

Capture.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello,

I started the transfer of my domain out of shopify. I followed the instructions for transfer and got the transfer code. However this code gave me an error on Tucows (where I want to transfer the domain to). See below. Could it be that the code expired as I used the one that I got a week ago? Please help me as I don't want to keep paying shopify until I transfer the domain...I am no using the store anymore for the last 2 months! Thank youAthorization failed.jpeg

0 Likes