Solved

Why does my old domain still appear in Google search results?

Slicster1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Guys, I updated my main domain and disabled redirection from the old domain, however when I google the old domain it still comes up. i only want to be found by searching the new domain.

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Slicster1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you've updated your domain and disabled the redirection from your old domain. However, Google is still displaying your old domain. The reason that this happens is because Google still needs to re-index your website for their search engine, which can take a a few days or a couple of weeks. That being said, though Google does the indexing automatically for all websites from time to time, you can also submit your sitemap or ask Google to re-crawl your website to speed up this process. 

Has there been any updates to your information on Google since then?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Slicster1.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you've updated your domain and disabled the redirection from your old domain. However, Google is still displaying your old domain. The reason that this happens is because Google still needs to re-index your website for their search engine, which can take a a few days or a couple of weeks. That being said, though Google does the indexing automatically for all websites from time to time, you can also submit your sitemap or ask Google to re-crawl your website to speed up this process. 

Has there been any updates to your information on Google since then?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog