Draft Order URL creation to ease workflow

iNozzel
Shopify Partner
2 0 3

We have an external CMS and we are trying to create a link to click to go to shopify draft orders and prefill the customer to make creating orders easier.

/admin/draft_orders/new/#customers email#

tried tapping into the function that gets called on page

admin/draft_orders/new/?customer_autocomplete_search?query=test@test.com

Is this possible?  looking into the url parameters allowed or accepted and i'm running into issues.

Any help would be wonderful

Replies 3 (3)

CIAU
Visitor
2 0 0

I'd really like to have direct access to the invoice_URL for draft orders too.
Providing these to customers rather than sending another email via Shopify is what's needed.
In the years we have been with Shopify the only update we have seen is the new ability to edit orders.
I won't hold my breath on seeing anything else for years either. 

thomasbaart
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm now also looking into adding a shortlink into my CRM. I haven't yet found a solution.

I think having a query parameter, such as /admin/draft_orders/new?email=test@example.com or similar would be elegant - it could select the customer if it exists, or give a blank order screen otherwise. When you store customers in a CRM they're bound to exist more often than not. I'd love to see this functionality!

Camilo_EA
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

You can create a draft order with an existing customer on shopify by using their Id and the url:

...admin/draft_orders/new?customerId=REPLACE_WITH_CUSTOMER_ID

I'm looking if there is any other information you can add like this to a new draft order.