Drop Down Menu Is Being Hidden Behind Slideshow Hero

1 0 0

Hi everyone, I've been tearing my hair out trying to figure this out.

My drop down menu (out of nowhere) is suddenly being hidden behind the homepage's hero slideshow. I've tried to apply 'z-index: 99999' to '.site-nav-rundown' but nothing works! Please help!

The closest fix I found was removing 'z-index: 2' from the individual slides themselves but then I can't actually 'click' on the dropdown links without them disappearing. This is so frustrating!

My site preview URL: https://gy2hcqzcqlx9g3h0-16590497.shopifypreview.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 0 10

Hi Taylor,

This indeed must be frustrating. :/

CSS has some of its weirdness, as you might have noticed.

Here's what's the best solution for you to fix the issue:

You must apply `z-index: 3` to `.header-type-3 .menubar-section` class.

The reason being z-index works first on sibling HTML elements. So if your menubar section (dropdown menu wrapper) has z-index of 1 (and it does), then it won't be shown above the slides with the z-index of 2.

Take care,

Viktor

SMART APPS

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

For me same issue is happening, One of the element in the dropdown menu is being hidden behind video section. Not sure, how to solve this issue. I am using debut theme. You can look into site on https://magnumopusfashion.com

Please open it on mobile and when you click the hamburger button on the main menu, the track orders link will be hidden behind the video. Do let me know how to fix this issue.

@ViktorApps wrote:

Hi Taylor,

This indeed must be frustrating. :/

CSS has some of its weirdness, as you might have noticed.

Here's what's the best solution for you to fix the issue:

You must apply `z-index: 3` to `.header-type-3 .menubar-section` class.

The reason being z-index works first on sibling HTML elements. So if your menubar section (dropdown menu wrapper) has z-index of 1 (and it does), then it won't be shown above the slides with the z-index of 2.

Take care,

Viktor

SMART APPS

0 Likes