Drop down selections not always working on MOBILES

ladylux
Excursionist
11 0 4

Hi. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with a problem I'm having on my store. The problem is with the drop down menus not working all the time on mobile devices. The drop down where you can select your currency is not working most of the time, however it will occasionally work when first visiting the site and then seems to stop working. The other thing is the drop down menus for each products size/colour variants also keep bugging and won't let you view the other options. Basically you press on them and nothing happens but it highlights like you're pressing it, almost like something is blocking it from opening. This has been tested on 3 different phones and all have the same problem. However this can work for a minute or so and then stop working once browsing through a few different pages on the website! Any solutions to fix this would be really appreciated as I'm unsure on how to sort this!

Store URL: www.ladiesluxure.com

Password: password120519

Thanks!

0 Likes

@ladylux 

This type of issue is always related to Javascript code you added to your theme or apps (that are, essentially, Javascript).

Have you added any code or modified your theme's code recently?

Additionally, can you please find and give us a specific case of when it doesn't work?}

Perhaps a page, after you add to cart, etc, whatever steps are necessary to reproduce the bug.
By "sometimes" or "not always" it's very difficult to diagnose the problem and subsequently offer help. On my end everything is working perfectly fine. 

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
ladylux
Excursionist
11 0 4

Thanks for your reply!

No I haven't manually added or modified the code for the theme.

Not sure what could be causing the problem though, must be something blocking the drop downs from popping up because on mobile they come out as pop up selections rather than a drop down like they would on the desktop version if that makes sense?

It seems to be an intermittent problem where it could not work as soon as you enter the site and then could randomly start working once you change pages to another section then stop again. Or it could work for a minute or so then stop and start. There isn't one action I can pin it to as it just happens when either going on to the site to start with or while browsing around.

Hope that can help you find a solution, would be grateful for any help!  

0 Likes

@ladylux 

Hello,

I tried to replicate the issue once again by browsing the website but I came across no issues (Chrome on Android & iOs). Unfortunately there's no way we can assist without being to replicate the problem. 

It's very, very unlikely it's random as it seems to be. (unless someone's coded something purposefully to mess up with your website OR there are servers going offline which breaks your Javascript). There's always a trigger that makes things break when there's a bug, since there could be a plethora of things, it's natural that it looks like it's random.

Please identify how to successfully replicate the bug and update this thread, that is the only way we'll be able to help.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Using a free theme? Improve it with copy/paste code snippets clicking here.
◦ Looking to hire an experienced developer? Same day response: ezfycode@gmail.com.
0 Likes