Dropdown navigation menu does not work

Solved
monTFury
Tourist
6 0 0

yes 

Timzee1.0

Design and support by Design themes

and btw everything worked good a few days ago.. something happen...

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 52 122

@monTFury Thanks for checking on the details of the theme. Taking another look at the URL you sent in the Chrome developer tools, it seems that there is some code that is interfering with your navigation. It looks like it could be code that was added into the theme manually or an app that was recently installed. I'm not able to see more than that without authenticating your account. Since it's a third party theme, this is beyond the scope of what Shopify support can assist with. However, there are a few things you can do to correct this. 

First thing that can help is to check on any apps that you've recently installed in case any of those have automatically modified your theme in any way.

The second thing you can do is physically check the code in your theme by going to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code. In this page you'll want to look out for any theme files that have a purple dot next to them. It'll look like this:

16-40-qhp2y-kxskc

This dot indicates any code that was edited from the original theme code. You can revert that file to a previous version using the action shown in this screenshot:

16-41-23i9j-wi2y6

When you click on that "Older versions" action it will give you a drop-down to select a previous version of the code to revert it back.

Lastly, if you'd like a bit more hands-on help, you can certainly reach out to the developer of your theme or one of the app developers for the third-party app you've installed.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
BARE
1 0 0

Hi, 

I’m having exactly the same issue can somebody please help me rectify this! 

thank you. 

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 52 122

@BARE have you tried the solutions in the thread to help resolve your navigation situation? If you had working navigation as the original poster had and suddenly don't this is usually caused by a new app or new code in your theme. Aside from disabling your new app or seeing if other themes in your account encounter the same issue, here's a quick reference list of the tips and solutions in the thread:

0 Likes
andregraf
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm having the same exact issue. I tried to follow your previous steps but since I haven't purchased the theme yet, I cannot edit the code of it.

The theme name is Icon.

Here is the link to the actual theme example, it does not even work there.

https://themes.shopify.com/themes/icon/styles/dolce/preview

I can send you my website link as well but I would rather send it privately since my logo and other information are already on it.

Thanks for your assistance,

Andre

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 52 122

@andregraf Since you're using a third-party theme and haven't purchased it to access the code, there isn't a lot you can do to fix your trial theme. If you've already taken a look at the solution tips in the thread you can then check if you installed a new app. You can remove the app and see if that helps. Otherwise, you'll need to purchase that theme to work on the code as that is the only way you can fix code issues on a theme. Another thing to remember is that if it's a third-party theme (not free) you'll need to contact the developer of the theme to get support for it after you purchase it.

0 Likes
andregraf
2 0 0

Thank you, I did not know that Shopify was not responsible for the themes that you sell in your store. Thank you for letting me know that.

0 Likes
thebeadfarm
3 0 0

Hi, I'm new to Shopify Community.  I am looking for someone to help me with this same problem.  My main menu dropdown lists are not working at all.  This began after I changed some code.  I went back and reversed what I had done.  But the problem continues.  I saw the recommendation to revert to older versions of my theme- I did that and still have issues with the dropdown lists not working from my main menu.  
Can you help me?

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 52 122

@thebeadfarm Thanks for trying out the suggestions in the thread. If the navigation was working before, have you downloaded a new copy of the theme (without changing anything on it) and tested to see if the same issue is happening with a clean copy?

0 Likes
thebeadfarm
3 0 0
Can you tell me how to do that without getting into even worse trouble? I
do not want to have to set up my website all over again!

0 Likes