ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECT error with my site

4 0 0

I am not able to access my site thefancyaccessories.com and when I enter my site, this error shows up: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS, I got my domain from Dynadot and I do think I have the correct settings, can anyone please help resolve the issue? Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Hi, @louischiu.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Have you connected thefancyaccessories.com under Online Store > Domains in your admin? If not, you can follow these steps to connect your domain: 

You'll be given the option to verify the domain connection, and the system will tell you whether there are any errors. In order to connect properly, your domain's A record needs to point to Shopify's IP address,23.227.38.65, and your domain's CNAME record needs to point to shops.myshopify.com. The steps to edit these DNS settings for your domain can be found here.

Let me know if this works for you and if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

Thanks a lot for your reply. 

I have already changed the settings as per below. 

But unfortunately it still doesn't resolve the issue  :(

The domain has already been connected to shopify

Maybe it has something to do with the Name servers? 

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 2.28.17 am.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the very same issue. Please help! 

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

I just found out that my domain might not have been connected to shopify. As the below appears when I try to access my site. 

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 6.20.20 pm.png

But I'm not able to access my domain settings because when I login to shopify, the redirect Error pops up. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Hi, @louischiu.

If you're getting the redirect error when trying to log into your Shopify admin, you might need to clear your browser's cache. Which browsers and devices have you tried logging in with so far?

Are you using Shopify's login page or are you using thefancyaccessories.com/admin to sign in? If the domain isn't connected to Shopify yet, the domain + /admin link won't work, so be sure to follow these steps to login to your admin.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Hi, @kate33ras.

Welcome to the Shopify Community! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the redirect issue as well. Is your domain connected under Online Store > Domains in your Shopify admin? Which browsers and devices have you tried accessing the storefront from?

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Sophia, 

Thanks for your reply. 

I have tried using chrome/firefox/safari on my desktop to log in, and I have tried clearing cookies as well.

I am using Shopify's login page as below. 

After I clicked the arrow button it would show the re-direct error. 

Capture2.PNG

Moreover, I have downloaded the Shopify app on my phone and when I logged in, it said that "thefancyaccessories-com.myshopify.com"'s subscription has expired, and I have to use a browser to log in to extend the subscription. 

Thanks again. 

Best regards,

Louis

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
213 22 36

Hi, @louischiu

Thank you for testing multiple browsers as well as trying to clear the cache and cookies.

I checked in with our Technical Support team and it turns out this "too many redirects" error can sometimes occur when a shop is frozen. In this case, I might be able to resolve the issue by reactivating the account from my end, provided there are no outstanding invoices. In order to try this, I'm going to send you an email so that I can authenticate the account. Once you receive my email, please send a quick reply and then I'll be able to take a look at the account from there. Thank you!

0 Likes