Edit HTML for Button

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I'm trying to find the HTML code within the liquid files for a button so that I can change the ahref to open a new page. I don't know how liquid stores the html so that I can actually change the functionality of my store. The button is the Show More button. I'll attach some screenshots below. Thanks

This is on the Homepage

bmdms_0-1603387581886.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Anyone know where I can find the code for the button on Shopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

Before anything it's important to take notice that this is a section: if you change the code for this specific section, then all the subsequent sections you add in the future - of this same type - will have the same link.

Ideally you'd need to code a custom area in your section to add a dynamic link, something like this:

diego_ezfy_0-1603425732702.png

The documentation for coding those can be found here.
If it's not within your comfort zone you may want to contact a Shopify developer to get it coded for you.

Kind regards,
Diego

◦ Problem Solved? ✔️ Please click on Accept as Solution and like.
◦ Needing urgent help? I'm available for hire, same day response guaranteed: diego.boarutto.fortes@gmail.com
◦ My app free for limited time: Add a navigation styled like Instagram Stories to your website!
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you for your help. Could you please explain the syntax of the settings_schema.json file?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I found where the button is located on the schema.json filer but when I got to add a link object and then paste the link, the button doesnt open anywhere else. Any help with this?

0 Likes