Edit Products has changed recently, not as useful

Richie_Ramone
Excursionist
27 0 108

Something has changed recently with Edit Products and it's no longer as useful as it once was.

When individual fields were selected for editing, it used to remember those you were using, as long as your computer remained turned on. Once you shut down, the next time you went to Edit Products, you selected the fields you need/use.

Now, if you don't use it for an hour, it forgets the fields you had selected and defaults to Price, SKU and Compare At Price, meaning you have to select those fields again, losing much of the benefit of bulk editing.

Why Shopify?
Please fix!

Replies 2 (2)

Eunice
Shopify Staff (Retired)
388 51 64

Hey, @Richie_Ramone 

Eunice here thanks for posting!

I ran a test on my own store and can confirm any additional fields added within the bulk editing screen do vanish upon starting a new session i.e when I log out of my store, then log back in. 

I'm unable to find any documentation of this particular feature, so I do think it could have been your browser holding onto old information. Have you cleared your browser's cache and cookies recently? Usually, when our browsers hold on to information it means they haven't been cleared in a while, and that's when issues start to arise. However, in this case, it appears it may have paid you a favor.

What I can confirm is that the ability to select default fields within the bulk editor is currently a known feature request. That means other merchants feel this would benefit them too. If you'd like to be added to the feature request please contact Shopify Support via chat, callback, or email via the Shopify Help Center. This video clip shows you how to access the chat and email option. If you would prefer to speak with someone over the phone, please log in to your store when prompted to view the callback option. 

If you have any difficulties contacting Shopify Support please let me know here. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Richie_Ramone
Excursionist
27 0 108

Hi Eunice and thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, that's not the solution, cos I've cleared my cache plenty of times the past few months (numerous laptop and website issues) and yet, it's only in the past 3-4 weeks that this change has arisen in Edit Products.

Thanks for the Feature Request suggestion - seems to be a pretty handy one for small business owners trying to cut down on the time they are attached to their work - I've added my store to the petition...

Richie