Edit contact form on product page

hizica
10 0 0

Hello,

I'm currently trying to adjust our website and would appreciate some help.

I used a basic Shopify contact form instead of add to cart button when on the product page, as this should be catalogue website. But, if someone uses the contact form and does not write about what product exactly they are asking, we won't be able to tell. Is there any way to add a subject (product name) field on that contact form?

Ines.

Replies 6 (6)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @hizica 

Hope you're having a great day.

Is there any way to add a subject (product name) field on that contact form?

Your website is still password protected. Please, provide the password to let me help you.

Here is a form that I just modified to what you want.

Contacts-–-deluxyys (1).png

hizica
10 0 0

@Michal17 Yes, that would be it. How can I change it to that form?

https://hizica-design-shop.myshopify.com/ and the password is creirt

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @hizica 

Hope you're having a great day!

I would like you to share the code of the templates/page.contact.liquid file by following the steps below:

scrnli_22_05_2021_15-34-42.png

What products would you like us to add to the contact form? Could they be products of a particular collection?

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

hizica
10 0 0

@Michal17 We need possibility to add any of our products online  to the contact form.

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

Hi @hizica 

Hope you're having a great day!

I have great news for you. Guess what?? I just finished a tutorial that solves your problem.

Check it out here and fix your issue.

If you found this comment useful, hit the 'Like' and 'Accepted solution' buttons.

hizica
10 0 0

Thank you so much for getting back to us @Michal17 but unfortunately, this is not a great solution for our page.

I carefully followed your instructions and managed to add a product field in contact form. The problem is that not all products are displayed in the drop-down menu. There is no option to enter the product name, it must be selected from the drop-down menu, which is not convenient. Also a product photo would help a lot next to the name, an example like when typing in a search engine.

Best regards,
Ines