Editing Liquid to Show More Products on Collection Page

Solved
AmyGain
Tourist
3 1 1

Hello!

I just launched my store this month and am hoping the community can help me edit the code. I am currently using the Simple theme provided by Shopify and would like to have more products show on my collection pages. Currently, only 12 products show per page (3 in a row, 4 in a column). I would like to increase this, but am not sure how to edit the code in the theme customization section. I have some experience with HTML and CSS, but I learned it about 10 years ago and am completely rusty on editing those codes (never mind learning and editing Liquid).

Here is the URL to my store: www.amysantiqueattic.com. Please let me know if you have advice or can help with this customization question!

Thank you! 

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32

This is an accepted solution.

Welcome to Shopify Community!

Can you please search for the following in collection-template.liquid file and change 12 to some other number.

{% paginate collection.products by 12 %}
AmyGain
Tourist
3 1 1

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it.

Can you tell me how to change the grid so it's more than three items per row? I've looked at the code but can't figure out where that setting is located in Liquid.

0 Likes
neeravmakwana
Shopify Partner
164 29 32

I'm glad it worked! Can you please search for this code (in collection-template.liquid):

{% assign grid_item_width = 'medium-up--one-third small--one-half' %}

and replace it with the following for 4 or 5 items per row respectively:

{% assign grid_item_width = 'medium-up--one-quarter small--one-half' %}

{% assign grid_item_width = 'medium-up--one-fifth small--one-half' %}

0 Likes
AmyGain
Tourist
3 1 1

Thank you!