Editing ajax-cart.js.liquid

robincingh
5 0 0

Hi,

I just took over a store for development, and I am trying to edit ajax-cart.js.liqiuid file but when I make any edit I don't see the change in live site.
When I do a view source of the page I see it is referring to ajax-cart.js file, but in my assets folder there is no file called ajax-cart.js.

So I downloaded the theme on my machine and tried to search for file and I see this file in assets folder (where it should be) but I don't see this file in shopify where I want to edit it. 

Is there something the previous developer would have locked that I can't edit this file? 

Thanks

0 Likes
omar_draz
1 0 0

I have the same issue now .. anything new ?

0 Likes
robincingh
5 0 0

I duplicated the file from my local and made a new file you need to make it like ajax-cart.js.liquid.

0 Likes
gina-gregory
Shopify Expert
710 48 175

When you have a .liquid version of a static asset file (like .css or .js), Shopify creates the final rendered version (liquid rendered) in the plain version that gets added to your site's source code, but it is hidden and not editable because Shopify automatically generates it. It could just be a caching issue, either on the Shopify CDN or in your browser.

0 Likes