Editor for pages and HTML code not working on Firefox

15 0 0

When trying to create a new page (on Firefox), I am not able to use the editor, it is only showing the HTML. Aside from that, when I put in a HTML link that includes an image, it is not showing up on the active page. I found a "fix" for this by using Safari instead of Firefox. It worked as far as creating the page, but I still don't see the linked image on the page when using Firefox. Does this mean anyone looking at my page from Firefox will not see an image that links? That is not a good thing!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 40

Hey, @Jennifer_Uecker!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Shopify requires an up-to-date web browser to make sure that you can use all of Shopify's features. Shopify currently supports the latest two versions of all browsers, unless otherwise noted.

Browsers supported by Shopify include:

If a customer was to visit your site and couldn't view a page due to the browser they were using, it should usually let them know that they need to update the browser to view the page. While it is hard to have control of this and which browsers your customers use, you can always clear your cache and cookies and ensure you are using Google Chrome in order to get the best out of Shopify. Viewing your storefront in an incognito browser or similar will show you how your page appears to most users.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Lulu 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
15 0 0

Thank you for your help, Lulu!

I am using Firefox and I have the latest version. I also cleared my cache and cookies. I still can not use the editor on any of my pages. So I can't put in photos and make pages like I normally could. There is still an editor function on blog pages, but not on pages. The button is there, when I hover on it it says "show editor", but nothing happens when I try to click.

0 Likes