Email Conformation don't get send out automatically

kleinekruemel
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hey everyone, 

i have got a problem with the email notification send to the customers. In the timeline in the backend it is written that the conformation (order, shipping etc.) has been send via email. Unfortunatly this is not the case. If i press the button "resend email" it will eventually work. Is anyone able to have a look into this matter for me, as i don't know where to look anymore. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 17 10

Hello @kleinekruemel!

This is Lana from Shopify. I see you're having some issues with sending your order confirmation emails, so I wanted to help you out.

You mentioned that in the Timeline section of the order it shows that the email was sent, so how were you able to establish that they do not reach your customers? Did you get some complaints regarding this? And if so, does this happen with every order, or only a few of them?

Sometimes there can be issues with order confirmation emails if you are using some third party app for fulfilment, notifications or anything affects order processes in general. When an app is involved in order processing, it may be reflected in the Timeline section where it should show the name of that app, but this is not always the case. Here, I would recommend that you revise all of the apps that you use, and if you suspect that some of them may be causing this issue, you will need to get in touch with the developers of the apps. You can do this by either clicking on Get Support in the Apps section of your admin, or clicking on About > View in Shopify App Store on the next page for some alternative contact options i.e. a phone number if it is available:

05-08-57299-30405

05-10-56517-25684

If you have already ruled out third party apps, this may be something that we would need to investigate on our end. Any additional details that you can provide such as how many orders were affected, how did you find out that this was an issue, and when did it start happening etc. Further context/screenshots would be super helpful if you are able to provide them.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
kleinekruemel
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hey Lana, 

thanks for getting in touch and explaining everything into detail. Unfortunately I can pretty much rule out the third party apps. The only third party app I use which could have something to do with it is Order Printer Pro. While using the app I had to adapt a bit of the html in the order conformation email. But the thing is that nearly all of the automatic notification mails do not get send out. E.g. cancellation, refund, tracking etc. As my store is still in development I tried some "test orders" and while there was no mails going out yesterday automatically(just if I resented them) there was one going out today out of 3 "test orders". Therefore I have no clue where the problem could be. I had a long time where I haven't worked on the store and just recently started again. Thats why I couldn't tell you what time the problem occurred.

I hope the information provided can help. Please me know if you need any more information. My store name is travel-as-it-comes.myshopify.com

Cheers

Emails not sent.png

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
134 17 10

I see! You mentioned that your store is still in development, - so far have you only seen this with test orders? Or did you see this issue come in with real orders as well, and if so, - did a customer get in touch because they didn't get the email?

This could be related to the orders being 'Test' orders if your payment gateway is in Test mode. You mentioned that only 1 went out of 3 that you tested, - what was different about that 1?

there was one going out today out of 3 "test orders".

Another possibility here is that if you are testing it with your own email address, so the issue could also be coming from that end. You could test out your email address yourself if to go to Settings > Notifications in your Shopify admin, scroll down to the Staff order notifications section:

06-32-50787-84369

As you can see from my screenshot, you can try add some different email addresses there as recipients, then click Send test notification to see if they're received well. After you test them out, make sure to note whether or not they arrived and make sure to check your spam/junk folders as that is sometimes where our emails can end up. I would then recommend you contact us on our live support here so that we can investigate this further - you can also reference this thread to show what troubleshooting you have already tried. The reason that you need to contact us through our live support is because we currently cannot look into account details through the Shopify Community.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes