Email notifications arrive in inbox apart from shipping notification that goes to spam

Lindsey79
5 0 0

Hi

I'm new and jut testing out my website.  I've tested sending my notification emails and I receive them all apart from the shipping notification which goes into my spam.  Why would this be, as it seems odd its just this one?  I have not changed the email template.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
513 47 105

Hi, @Lindsey79!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd be glad to help you out with this today. There's a few different reasons why you might be receiving some of Shopify's automatic emails, but not all. 

Add Shopify's emails to your inbox allowlist

Your inbox may have identified some of Shopify's sender addresses as 'spam'. Make sure to add both mailer@shopify.com and no-reply@shopify.com to your inbox provider's "allow" or "safe sender" list.

You have set up an email address associated with a custom domain

This would be set-up in your Admin > General > Customer email section. If you are using a custom domain email address here, make sure to add Shopify's SPF record to your domain's TXT records. Doing so will prevent emails from being marked as spam when they are sent to your future customers. For more context, check out this similar thread I answered.

Make sure to cross these items off your checklist and you shouldn't run into this again.

Please let me know if you have other questions around this.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes