Enter Product Recommendations Manually

Marimar
1 0 0

Hello, I'm using the debut theme, and I would like to know if it's possible to add product recommendations to each product page manually. Right now the only option available is using the dynamic recommendations. 

I would hire someone to do it, but I want to customize the recommendations for each product page, and I would like to be able to change it manually in the future as well, is there any way to add something to the back end so that I can just chose a page and chose the products I want recommended on it?

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

Hi, @Marimar!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Depending on how many products you have, you may find that you'll spend a lot of time managing each product. If you have someone that can manage this for you, this might work to free up your time.

That said, I love the idea of this! You can certainly do this in one of two ways.

The simpler way to do this is via an app. You can try out LimeSpot as an option. This will add those sections to your product pages and you can choose exactly what and how it will show items. I've personally also used this app before and it was very customizable.

If you're comfortable with coding and have experience with it, or if you have someone on staff that does development for your site you can use this partner blog post. This post walks through a How to Build a Customizable Related Products Section. You can use this as a starting point to code in the customization.

As a backup option, I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
LiLi-5
Excursionist
17 0 6

Hello Lilith,

Thank you for your reply. 

I wanted to make sure I understand: Shopify does not support manual product recommendations add-ons, only the automatic option? 

I feel like the algorithm is really off-base when it comes to the related product, for example, we would offer a necklace or pants with a shirt, not another shirt...

I am trying to decide on another theme, so you are saying that no matter the theme, I will not be able to select my related products, is that correct?

Thanks, LiLi 

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
395 43 101

@LiLi-5  Not quite. In my post, I mentioned a few different ways you can achieve what you're looking for. Also, good to note that not all themes are made by Shopify so they may function differently from one theme to another.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes