Entering Body HTML to import with bullet points

KristenIbsen22
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello!

We have hundreds of products that we upload / edit via Shopify's CSV file. We prefer for our product descriptions to appear on the site as bullet points. Is there a way to enter the body text so that when we import the CSV it translates into bullet points? 

Thanks!

Kristen

Replies 6 (6)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2958 568 891

Hello,

Can you send the URL for your website so I can take a look at your specific case? Thanks!

StanceKV
Tourist
10 0 3

Any update on this?  When I add a part individually with bullet points it works.  If I do an export .csv file to bulk edit the bullet points change to ‚Ä¢ on the spreadsheet.  When I import the file back via .csv to Shopify the ‚Ä¢ doesn't turn back into bullet points.  It just stays as ‚Ä¢.  Anyway to correct this?

StanceKV
Tourist
10 0 3

For now what I did to fix it was do a Find a Replace for Find ‚Ä¢ and replace with "Alt 7" which turns into a bullet point in the replace field.  

Jonathan-HA
Shopify Partner
317 24 99

@StanceKV Those "Ä¢" characters being displayed could be due to the encoding/character set setting in your spreadsheet software.  When opening the Shopify CSV files, you normally want to use UTF-8 encoding in your spreadsheet software to display special characters properly.

Have you tried opening the file with Google Sheets? Google Sheets uses UTF-8 encoding by default so I believe it would display those bullet point characters correctly.

If you use Excel on Windows, you can try the steps here to import the CSV data in the spreadsheet using UTF-8 encoding.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
StanceKV
Tourist
10 0 3

Yes you are correct I forgot to check that.  Thanks!

luxeandfoundco
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! If it all possible I would love a little detailed lesson from ya! I want bulleted list to show after a 1 or 2 line description. I don't quite understand the  comma, funky a, cent sign combination that you've shown above. I use google sheets! HELPPPPP